The Benefits of Digital over Analogue Video
We are often asked by clients what are some of the benefits of digital over analogue video. Below is a collection of them.
- IP Networking and video management expand the capabilities of video surveillance – This means that rather than just watching surveillance, the technology collects data and improves an organisation’s operations.
- It provides so many performance and cost-saving advantages.
- It enables camera placement practically anywhere on the network. Cameras can be connected and networked just like a computer or any other network device.
- There is no need for complicated hardware and dedicated monitors.
- You can increase frame rates and storage any time.
- Live camera feeds can be accessed from any authorised computer, laptop or device including smart phones.
- IP network cameras can provide up to 16 times more resolution than analogue cameras. This will enable the client to see far more definition and detail than ever before.
- More manageable file sizes apply, which means less storage space required for footage. We can typically achieve a 40-50% reduction in file size
- Open platform software means we can pick and choose which surveillance software we use, dependent on budget and needs
- Automatic backup functions means you are always covered
- Overall superior image quality